Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wishlist Wednesday

 
Quirk Books, January 17, 2012
Image and Description from Amazon: When Evelyn Morgan walked into the village bookstore, she didn’t know she would meet the love of her life. When Brendan Thorne handed her a medieval romance, he didn’t know it would change the course of his future. It was almost as if they were the cursed lovers in the old book itself . . .

The Thorn and the Blossom
 is a remarkable literary artifact: You can open the book in either direction to decide whether you’ll first read Brendan’s, or Evelyn’s account of the mysterious love affair. Choose a side, read it like a regular novel—and when you get to the end, you’ll find yourself at a whole new beginning.


It's only 82 pages, but I don't care.  It looks gorgeous and something right up my alley.

Check out Theodora Goss' short story collection In the Forest of Forgetting as well as her website.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds really interesting! I'm going to have to look into this one for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so LOVE that you continue to inspire and amaze me. I, too, look forward to reading this two-sided story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Misty I know! And this is why e-Readers will never be able to be the only way we read. You couldn't really capture the format and loveliness of this book any other way.

    @erdspark Awww, blush. I love you too, my sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo - this looks fabulous! I really love the stuff Quirk books has been coming out with.

    I have a question for you but can't find your email address! Email me when you can? WilowRaven(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete